Our composite decking is unparalleled in style, panache and quality. Once you’ve taken full advantage of our fantastic free samples and settled on one of our gorgeous products to refurbish your garden with, next comes the tricky part: installation. Here’s the top 5 tips you must remember when installing your TimberTech composite decking.
1. When you’re installing your composite decking make sure to keep the shallow groove which you’ll find on one edge of each board consistently on the same side. The fibres on each TimberTech board are directional, so by placing them all on the same side upon installation you’ll be ensuring that the sun casts a consistent shadow on your decking, giving a uniform shade across your deck.
2. Use standard wood working tools and standard pressure treated softwood timbers for the sub frame. TimberTech can be drilled, nailed, sawn or routed, without any danger of rotting!
3. Remember to use the CONCEALoc® bracket to fix the first and last board tightly into place
4. CONCEALoc® is designed to automatically create a 4mm gap between the TimberTech boards and we would urge you to keep to this measurement
5. For the neatest decking installation, pre-drill 4mm pilot holes when face fixing boards. Drive the screws until the head is flush with the surface of the board – don’t over-drive! Do not countersink your pilot holes.
If you’re not quite feeling brave enough to have a go at installing our composite decking yourself, we have an exquisite team of experienced TimberTech decking installers who are more than willing to help. However if you’re going to give it a go, remember these top 5 tips and have a little look at our Installation Resources before you begin. Good luck, merry decking!