TimberTech composite decking is very low maintenance. Our deck boards never have to be stained or deep cleaned - unlike hardwood decking products, they will last for decades with virtually no upkeep whatsoever.
However, we do recommend cleaning your deck occasionally to maintain its appearance. You can use a power washer to do this.
Power washing a deck - photo by Olger Fallas Painting (via Flickr)
The following advice is taken from the TimberTech Installation and Maintenance Guide.
Can composite decking be power-washed?
Yes, it is safe to clean TimberTech composite decking with a power washer.
Here are some tips to bear in mind when you're power-washing your deck:
- Before washing your deck, sweep away leaves and other debris with a broom.
- Use a fan tip nozzle and a suitable cleaning product.
- Do not exceed a maximum pressure of 1500 psi.
- Look at the grain of the board and spray in that direction.
- Follow the recommended safety precautions for your pressure washer.
For more information, see our How to Clean Composite Decking infographic.
Easy-to-clean composite decking
All TimberTech decking boards are capped with a moisture-resistant polymer sleeve. This means that anything you spill on your deck can be wiped away with ease!
Browse Decking Boards Order Free Samples
READ MORE: What is Capped Composite Decking?