Here's one for the cat lovers in the audience! We recently supplied some Reliaboard Cedar composite decking to a customer named Jon, and this week, he sent over a few photos of the finished job for us to look at. We're pleased to report that Jon is very pleased with his new deck, and judging by these photos, so are his cats!
With its sturdy construction and its durable, slip-resistant surface, TimberTech composite decking is perfect for pet owners, and we love to see anyone - human or animal - relaxing on our beautiful composite boards!
And if you're not a cat person, here's a feline-free picture of Jon's new deck (which he installed himself, incidentally). We love how the living room opens directly onto the decking!
Click here to learn more about TimberTech's Reliaboard decking, or order your free sample here!
Our capped composite decking was used to create a surprise garden for an ex-serviceman in Cornwall!
If you watched Love Your Garden with Alan Titchmarsh on ITV last night, you probably saw our Silver Maple decking in the garden that Alan Titchmarsh and his team created for ex-serviceman Chris Finney. TimberTech's composite decking was chosen for its slip-resistant, low-maintenance properties, and the Love Your Garden team particularly liked our EasyClean Terrain+ Silver Maple decking - they decided that its sleek, contemporary design was perfect for the futuristic outdoor living space they were planning to create.
Chris Finney and his wife Liz have three daughters, and so Alan Titchmarsh and Co were keen to ensure that the new garden would be suitable for little ones as well as adults. Our Silver Maple boards are ideal in this regard - EasyClean is one of our capped composite decking products, which means that any mess can be wiped away with ease.
Furthermore, our decking's aforementioned anti-slip properties helps to keep kids safe when they're running around outdoors!
"Stage celebrities often 'tread the boards' - but it's not often that the board itself is the celebrity. However, ITV's Love Your Garden firmly put the spotlight on TimberTech's bright new star, and EasyClean decking shone in its leading role." - ITV
Trending on Twitter
Click here to find out more about our Silver Maple decking - don't forget to order your free sample!
See our Silver Maple decking on ITV tonight at 8pm!
If you watch Love Your Garden (hosted by national treasure Alan Titchmarsh), be sure to keep your eyes peeled during tonight's episode - our composite decking is set to have a starring role!
Our EasyClean Terrain+ Silver Maple decking was used to give tonight's garden a sleek, modern look, and without wishing to spoil anything, the results look truly tremendous!
TimberTech's stylish composite decking was chosen for this project because it has a greater life span than traditional wooden decking, and because it requires practically zero maintenance. Furthermore, since Silver Maple is one of our capped composite decking products, spills and messes can be wiped clean with ease, leaving no trace on those beautiful boards.
Love Your Garden with Alan Titchmarsh is on ITV tonight (July 7th) at 8 o'clock. Don't miss it!
June has given way to July, and summer's really starting to hot up here in the UK. Today is reportedly Britain's hottest day since 2006, and it doesn't look like things will be cooling down much for the foreseeable future.
From one perspective, this is fantastic news; hot weather means sunbathing, barbecue parties, and all kinds of other outdoor fun! However, as you relax on your garden deck with a drink in one hand and a trashy novel in the other, please bear in mind that hot weather can be very dangerous - if you don't take the necessary precautions, you could burn, overheat, or even worse.
With that in mind, here are TimberTech's top tips for staying safe while you enjoy the summer heat:
- Wear sun cream. A staggering number of people think that they don't need sunblock, but trust us on this one: if you're going to be out in the sun, you need to put some sun cream on first. Yes, it's a pain, but being sunburned is worse!
- Dress appropriately. It's a good idea to wear a sun hat when you're outdoors in hot weather - this will keep the sun off your face and keep you from burning. The NHS also recommend wearing cool, loose garments to keep your body temperature down.
- Stay hydrated. When enjoying the sunshine on your garden deck, be sure to keep the refreshments close at hand to avoid dehydration. Chilled soft drinks like water and juice are preferable to alcoholic beverages and hot drinks like tea and coffee.
- Consider investing in a parasol. If you're planning to spend a lot of time outdoors this summer, it may be worth purchasing a parasol or similar to provide instant shade when you need it most. Otherwise, try to stay out of direct sunlight and keep to the shade if you can.
- Don't stay out all day. Go back indoors every so often to cool off and keep yourself from overheating.
Don't have a deck? Want to make the most of this amazing weather? Click here to order a free sample of TimberTech composite decking and get your outdoor haven started today!
Many people think that composite decking and plastic decking are the same thing. Even Google, in its infinite wisdom, makes this mistake; search for 'plastic decking', and Google will act like you searched for 'composite decking' instead.
Note that 'composite decking' is in bold, as if that's what you typed in.
However, contrary to the belief of man and search engine alike, there are some MAJOR differences between plastic and composite decking. Today, we at TimberTech UK would like to take a moment to outline some of these differences:
- Materials - The most important difference between composite and plastic decking is as follows: plastic decking is made entirely of synthetic materials, while composite decking is made by combining real wood with cellulose materials and polyethylene. This means that, generally speaking, composite decking looks and feels more like genuine timber than plastic deck boards.
- Stability - Plastic decking is prone to bowing and cracking over time, making it one of the least sturdy decking options on the market. Composite decking tends not to have this problem; certainly, TimberTech composite decking is much longer-lasting than any plastic product, with a 25 year warranty for all residential installations.
- Price - Composite decking products generally cost a little more than plastic decking, and in fact, the low price of plastic decking is probably the main reason for its enduring popularity. However, you really do get what you pay for when it comes to decking; you may save money in the short term by choosing plastic over composite decking, but you'll spend a lot more on repairs and (eventually) replacements in the long run.
The difference between plastic decking and composite decking is essentially a question of quality: both products are impressively low-maintenance compared to traditional timber boards, but composite decking is a higher-quality product that lasts longer and comes far closer to emulating the appeal of real wood.
Visit our Plastic Decking vs. Composite Decking page for more information on this topic, or click here to order a free sample of TimberTech's composite decking now!